Divinity: Dragon Commander is the newest installment of the Divinity franchise. It is a mix of a RPG game, a TBS and a RTS one. It recreates a fantasy world with dragons in which you will have to take political decisions that will affect the story. You will be able to take part of battles, ridding a dragon, and taking control of it.
Once you download it, you will check that one of its strongest points is its humor. It combines the strategies with humor and a love touch. As the emperor, you will have to marry a princess. You have a good group of candidates waiting to be the chosen one. But that is not all, once married, your princess’ background may come with some consequences you will have to face.
Different ways to play
As we previously mentioned, Divinity: Dragon Commander has elements of three different styles of gaming: turn based strategy, real time strategy and role playing. The first phase consists of a RPG adventure in which you will have to talk with some characters and make decisions that will affect the course of the storyline. As a RPG you will have to research influence in some factions, abilities, and also receive cards for trading and getting effects in the other two phases.
The second phase consists of a turn based gameplay. In this phase, you will have to use the cards you got in the first phase to affect your units and territories, and also the ones of your enemies. Besides, you will be free to construct one building in each territory you have, and also, move your units or recruit new ones. In the combat, you can use cards. In addition, you can also decide if you want the combat to be resolved automatically, or if you want to fight for yourself.
Finally, the real time strategy gameplay stars with the battle. You can recruit units from the region in which the battle occurs. In addition, you will be able to take the role of a dragon during the battle and choose the units you want as offense or defense. However, as a dragon, you will lose some control over the units.
Divinity: Dragon Commander Full Version Features
Here you can see the unique features of Divinity: Dragon Commander:
- Possibility taking control of a dragon to support your unit in combat
- You have to research for magic and new technologies
- Plan your strategies to conquer your enemies
- Trading cards available to get effects in combats and over your buildings and units
- Decisions will change the path of the storyline
- Possibility of ruling your own empire
- Different modes to play: Single player mode, Multiplayer Mode and Co-op mode
Feel free to take a peek at the official website if you are interested in Divinity: Dragon Commander and you want to know more information about this game before you download it.
Listed below you can see the minimum system requirements needed to correctly download and play Divinity: Dragon Commander:
- Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 or similar
- RAM Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD4850 or NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT @ 512 MB
- Sound Card compatible with DirectX 9.0c
- Hard Drive 15 GB HD of free space available
- Broadband Internet Connection required