Gone Home is a first-person exploration puzzle indie game. This is an unusual title, since it lacks of everything that characterize this kind of programs. There is no action, no enemies, there are even no weapons. The only thing you will find in this release is a house and your past. However, it has been enough to make a great PC title.
The game’s main characteristic is its interesting story plot: investigating about a family and reviving the good moments that Kaitlin Greenbriar (the protagonist) lived with them. Total exploration and fully interactive rooms is what the title offers, along with an overwhelming feeling coming from each item you find in the house. From old music cassettes to pins or old notes, you are free to touch and interact with all these elements that created Kaitlin’s identity up to the moment.
If you are thinking in approaching to Gone Home, you must keep in mind that it is not like any other, Gone Home is unique. The graphical aspect is pretty good, trying to recreate every single object in a realistic way. The gameplay is simple, with just a couple of movements and action. The main point is the experience of rediscovering Kaitlin’s family life. The only thing left to say before you put your hand on it is that this is not a puzzle PC game at all, this is a great novel put to work into an interactive world.
Kaitlin Greenbriar returns home on June 7, 1995. She used to live in a mansion in Arbor Hill (Oregon), which was willed to Kait’s father’s uncle, Oscar Masan. The real story begins when Kait comes back and finds a note from her sister telling her to not look for answers. As Kaitlin enters the house, she realizes nobody is at home, so she investigates the entire house to find out where they are.
Gone Home Full Version Features
Here you can see some of the unique features of Gone Home:
- Personal Story: the title brings you rich, nuanced details of Greenbriar’s family struggles to deal with change and uncertainty
- Immersive place: go back to the 90s in a house where every little detail has been carefully recreated
- Throw your weapons: this is a nonviolent experience; Gone Home invites you to play at your own pace without being attacked or frustrated by a difficult puzzle
- Interactive investigation: discover what happened to the family by exploring a house full of their possessions
- True-to-life graphics: every object has been modeled to be as realistic as possible
If you are interested in this PC title and you need some more information before you download it, feel free to check the developer’s official website
System Requirements for a correct download and installation
Minimum system requirements to download and correctly run this application are listed below:
- Operating System: Windows XP or higher
- Processor: 1.80 GHz or above
- RAM Memory: 2 GB or higher
- Video Card with at least 512 MB of VRAM
- Hard Disk: 2 GB of free space
Gone Home is weird and wonderful at the same time. You will enjoy with every little detail as you go through the house. In fact, this title was created by BioShock veterans. They charmed us once with their twisted utopia, Rapture, and now they do it again with a novel made into game, Gone Home.